Armonica Technologies is an early stage medical technology company located in sunny San Diego, CA. Armonica is developing a new DNA sequencing technology that uses single nucleotide spectroscopy to identify all pertinent nucleotide and epigenetic information. The goal is to deliver an instrument for precision medicine and research, addressing the shortcomings of instruments currently available, for all sequencing applications. No amplification or labeling are required for single nucleotide identification, and the sequence is read directly from native DNA. Armonica’s technology will permit read lengths of over 100,000 bases/run and be able to directly read all DNA modifications with no chemical modification step. This technology will make unprecedented information available for research and clinical application. We currently have an opening for a talented scientist to directly contribute to an innovative instrument with enormous clinical potential.
We are looking for a highly motivated B.S./M.S./Ph.D. level scientist to conduct developmental research in nanofluidic devices and DNA transport in nanofluidic devices. This person will have a degree in materials science, chemistry, engineering or a related field with up to five years industry experience. Experience in experimental characterization of nanofluidic systems with DNA is required. You will join a dynamic multidisciplinary group that studies all aspects of DNA manipulation and detection in nanofluidic devices.
- B.S. with 4-5 years experience, M.S. with 2 years experience in nanofluidic engineering or a related field.
- Experience with single molecule DNA image collection and processing using microscopy.
- Experience in nanofluidic control of single molecules of DNA
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision to design and implement experiments to identify product design solutions
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience with computer programming languages/software is a plus: COMSOL, Python, Matlab, and LabView
- Experience with nanofabrication is a plus
- Familiarity with current state-of-the-art DNA sequencing technologies
- Conduct research in experimental characterization of transport properties of DNA in nanofluidic channels
- Develop new experimental protocols for measuring buffer solutions and DNA in nanofluidic devices
- Contribute to and actively participate in the conception, design and execution of research to provide design solutions
- Experience working with epifluorescence microscope is highly desired
- Must maintain a detailed lab notebook and keep electronic databases up to date
- Ability to collaborate across departments and coordinate joint experiments
- Must present results at weekly meetings and prepare slides for presentation to senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carlsbad, CA 92008: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
Send CV and a list of three references to: email@example.com