Please refer to this page often for opportunities.
Senior Scientist in Biochemisty/Molecular Biology
Armonica Technologies is an early stage medical technology company focused on developing its proprietary long-read DNA sequencing technology for precision medicine applications. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented scientist to directly contribute to a clinical innovation of enormous potential.
We are looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. scientist to become part of their Biochemistry group. The person filling this position must be able to work via remote supervision and be a creative problem solver. This person will have a degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field with a minimum of two years post-graduate experience. Experience in DNA manipulation is required (experience with the barcoding of DNA strands is a plus) as well as excellent skills in microscopy (confocal and upright microscopes are preferred). Excellent analytical skills are required in order to be able to make precise measurements of DNA length and speed of movement in nanochannels. This person needs to have very good interpersonal skills since Armonica has a diverse work force, all of whom do not reside in the same building. Self-motivation to seek out external sources for problem solving would be necessary.
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field
• Experience with image collection and analysis on confocal and upright microscopes
• At least two years experience post Ph.D.
• Strong communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Experience in the biophysics of DNA movement preferred
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Familiarity with current state-of-the-art short-read DNA sequencing technologies
• Perform routine molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA cloning, DNA characterization
• Experience working with DNA with sizes >50 Kb
• Isolation of high molecular weight DNA from prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells
• Software knowledge: Image J, Photoshop, MS Office, and analysis of confocal images
• Experience working with epifluorescence and confocal microscopy is highly desired
• Must maintain a detailed lab notebook and keep electronic databases up to date
• Experience with converting double stranded, high molecular weight DNA to single stranded
• Ability to collaborate across departments and coordinate joint experiments
• Experience with nanofluidics is desired
• Must present results at weekly meetings and prepare slides for presentation to board of directors
• Ability to multitask several different projects simultaneously
Send CV and a list of three references to: email@example.com